Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Step in the Right Direction





As I begin this blog, which I am both excited about and somewhat hesitant, I can't help but feel as though I'm at least taking a step in the right direction. Becoming a serious writer has always been on my "bucket list" which seems to keep growing as I continue to try to cross things off. Please BEAR with me as I get started and get used to the new tools and layouts.
Now I promise this blog will not be full of silly animal photos, or pictures of my cat (I do have one *sigh* and apparently this is a requirement for becoming a blogger--kidding). So why am I here? Well I am here to memorialize my life, my family's life from my point of few, and the world of healthcare from my point of few. The last is why I am so hesitant to begin my blogger journey because like most of us in the healthcare field I am always afraid of crossing that ethical/legal line of divulging too much (THE HIPPA MONSTER!!!!)


 all the while trying to keep some of my sanity and "ventilation". I just don't see how I can create a memoir if I can't talk about such a HUGE part of me life at least a little. If you are a nurse, physician, NP, PA, rad tech, etc then you already know what I mean. If you aren't, then hang around and you'll figure it out pretty soon. We healthcare workers absolutely must maintain our sense of humor in order to stay in our field which can be pretty emotionally exhausting at times due to the roller-coaster of emotions you can experience on any given day. Anyway I highly encourage you to read about me in my profile, feel free to ask me questions. I am not ready to divulge anything too personal at the moment due to my above fear, fear of my family's privacy being compromised and because one day in the not so distance future I hope to have a new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment